Wednesday, May 7, 2014

7 Months

I cannot believe it has been 7 months today since I was at the hospital dressing this itty bitty little baby to go home.

I wish I had taken more pictures or been better about writing down every single milestone that was hit. I wish I had kept a journal documenting my growing love for this boy. Most of all I wish I could have shared his pictures, name, and story with all of my friends and family.

What I am thankful for is that foster care has taught us what a gift each and every day is. It has brought us closure in our faith. It has forced us to treasure every single day with this boy because you never know when it will be his last in our home. It has taught me that love is not about DNA.

Some things you should know about A at 7 months.

  • He has 2 adorable little bottom teeth.

  • He is having a MAJOR sleep regression and may in fact not make it to 8 months. ;)

  • He is going to crawl any second! I don't exaggerate. He gets up on hands and knees and rocks and even moves his legs in a forward motion. The second he figures out he needs to move those hands, it is over.

  • His is not a fan of peas. This is ok with me because they smell absolutely horrible.

  • He absolutely loves the dogs as much if not more than us. If we are on the ground playing with him and the dogs even come in his field of vision, he lights up like a Christmas tree and just laughs and laughs.

  • He has started kicking his little legs at swim class when he is on his tummy. This makes mommy very proud because he is the youngest but the only one that does this. Not that it is a competition, but if it was, we are totally killing those other babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment