Friday, July 26, 2013

Update

UPDATE: I will start with the update because lets face it, foster care is the point of this blog, not all the other random thoughts that go through my head.

We got a call today and we officially have our first licensing interview scheduled! This will take place August 1st and will last approximately 3-4 hours. Yikers!!! I cannot imagine an interview lasting that long. Besides, what on earth do we have 3-4 hours worth to talk about. I feel like we have answered every single question we possibly could.

The good news is that I really like our licensing worker. I am going to refer to her as L for privacy reasons. She seems very nice and it sounds like we are going to get along great. I think as much as it can get annoying at times, she appreciates my over prepared and on top of things attitude about everything.

The bad news is that after L comes out and completes her home study and submit it, we are looking at 4-8 weeks because of how backed up the Office of Licensing, Certification, and Regulation (OLCR) is. The is depressing because I thought we had days, until we got a kiddo. Boy was I wrong!

In other news, my FOSTER SHOWER is tomorrow!!! That is right folks, just one more sleeps. I am so incredibly excited! I cannot wait to share pictures of the event, and then a haul of all the things I got and all the things I bought with my gift cards (I already have a few from guests that couldn't make it).

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on being so close! I stumbled on your blog via Instagram :) always looking for other foster Momma's out there. I am new too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I have found an amazing community of foster parents on Instagram. Keep me updated on your foster care journey as well! I love seeing where other people are at in the process.

      Delete
  2. Will do! Here is my blog
    http://is617everlastingjoy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete