Friday, April 25, 2014

Getting to Know Me

I have been thinking more and more about stepping up my blogging game and really making a commitment to start to post 2-3 days a week. The problem hasn't been lack of content (which was initially a struggle because of privacy issues with foster care), but lack of ability to take non stinky pictures. I know I am not working with a professional camera, but I should still be able to post pictures that don't look like they were shot with my cell phone. 

So while I work on learning my camera and actually taking it off the auto settings, let me tell you all about myself because I am sure you are just dying to know all about me. ;)
On a road trip with my husband trying to see how many pretzels I could fit into my mouth.


This is a completely random list of questions I found in 2.3 seconds with a simple Google search. If you have any specific questions please feel free to ask below. 

1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
No.

2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
Yesterday while watching, A League of Their Own. When they get the telegram saying that someone's husband has died at war... gets me every time. 

3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
Yes. I actually spent a lot of time as a child practicing because I thought handwriting was very important. I was right. I get complimented on my handwriting at least once a week.

4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
Boar's Head Blazin Buffalo Chicken. 

5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
Well yes I do. Hopefully I can keep a couple. ;)

6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
I sure hope so. Otherwise, I really need to examine my life and how I treat others. 

7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT?
Yes. Almost daily. In fact I debated answering this sarcastically but decided that was much too cheesy. 

8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
Yes, but I sure wish they would remove them. I am a sick little thing who gets strep or some nasty bug no less than 3 times a year.

9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
Yes!

10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
Honeycombs which is funny because I dislike honey.

11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
Never. This would assume that I wear something other than flip flops or flats.

12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?
Mentally yes. Physically, not anymore. I have become a bit soft since my retirement from college athletics. More on this another day.

13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
Almost anything Ben and Jerry's makes with the exception of coffee flavored.

14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
Overall face. I work in a bank and spend all day comparing people's face with drivers license pictures. I have trained myself to remember someone's face when I greet them.

15. RED OR PINK?
Pink. Always pink.

16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
My complete and udder lack of any self control.

17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
My mommy. We were so close in high school and while we still are, I miss living in the same state. 

18. ARE YOU RELIGIOUS?
Absolutely. 

19. WHAT COLOR SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
Black flats.

20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?
Norwegian chocolate my husband brought home from a client.  

21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
The wind blowing our big tree in the backyard.

22. ANY REGRETS?
Yes, but who doesn't have them. They made me the person I am today though and for that I am thankful. Do I wish I had handled things differently at different times in my life? Absolutely. 

23. FAVORITE SMELLS?
Fresh bread, fruity candles, and gasoline. 

24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
The hubs.

25. MOUNTAIN HIDEAWAY OR BEACH HOUSE?
Beach house, but a northern California beach house. The type that is just an hour or two south of San Francisco. They aren't the beaches you really go swim and play on. They are gorgeous rocky beaches with green mountains everywhere and fog. 

26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
Football baby! In fact, the Arizona Cardinals. 

27. HAIR COLOR?
Brownish with some red.

28. EYE COLOR?
Officially hazel, but I call it swamp. It is literally a green/lighter brown/ hint of blue blah color. It sound so much more beautiful than it is in real life. 

29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
Yes.

30. FAVORITE FOOD?
Bread and chocolate. 

31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
Happy endings for sure. We could ban all scary movies today and I would not lose a bit of sleep.

32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
Ghostbusters 2 on Netflix

33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
White and black stripped.

34. SUMMER OR WINTER?
Summer forever. I would take 120 ANY day of the week over 50 degrees (which I consider absolutely freezing). 

35. HUGS OR KISSES?
Depends who is doing the kissing/ hugging. Overall though, I am not really a real touchy person.

36. FAVORITE DESSERT?
Ice Cream or cookies.

37. STRENGTH TRAINING OR CARDIO?
Oh you mean I should work out? Cardio. 

38. COMPUTER OR TELEVISION?
Computer.

39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor

40. RANDOM FACT?
 I have been a competitive dancer, gymnast, and pole vaulter. I pole vaulted in college and even competed at the national and international level. 

42. FAVORITE SOUND?
Now that I have a child and I hear it every night on the baby monitor from the noise machine, rain. As a matter of fact, we had a sitter one night and my husband and I actually turned on the baby monitor and sound machine because we couldn't sleep without it. 

43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?
I guess Beatles, but I will be totally honest. I have the absolute worlds worst taste in music and I am ok with that. If a song isn't on top 40, I have likely never heard of it or I don't like it. Music is just not a big part of my life.

44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
Australia twice. 

45. BOOKS OR MOVIES?
Books. Always books. I don't read nearly as much as I would like, but when I do I wonder why I haven't read more. Books take you to a place a movie could never. I totally have depression when I finish an amazing book. I spend the next few weeks day dreaming and re-writing the story or continuing it on in my head. 

46. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
Las Vegas, NV

47. WHERE ARE YOU LIVING NOW?
Phoenix, AZ

48. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR HOUSE?
Tan like every other house in the southwest.

49. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR CAR?
Silver

50. DO YOU LIKE ANSWERING 50 QUESTIONS?
Yes. I think most people enjoy talking about themselves to an extent. I figure if you are going to read things I write, you may want to know a few things about the writer. 

Enjoying the best of Ross with some girl friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment