Thursday, July 25, 2013

The great debate...

To keep me from going absolutely insane while waiting for "the call", we have been slowly but surely putting the nursery together. It started because we realized things were moving much quicker than we anticipated, but then I got a little over excited and now, the nursery is practically completely finished.
 
One thing that we went back and forth on and couldn't decide was whether or not to have a glider or rocker in the nursery. Yes, it is was really a big debate that spanned several days. Ok, who am I kidding! It was really just me talking in circles to myself with Mark standing in the room. Don't get me wrong, Mark is very involved and is always helpful with opinions when I need them. He just didn't think this was as big of a decision than I did (nor does anyone else I assume).
 
Let me explain, I know a glider or rocker is great for those late nights of trying to get baby back to sleep. Plus they are super comfy. My issue is that every single nursery I see looks adorable with them, but once that adorable little baby grows up to a toddler, they are rarely used. Then inevitably they go to live in the garage until they are sold in a garage sale or given to a friend. I wanted something that I would use for much longer.
 
So I found a solution!

 
 This is our new nursery chair (we got the matching ottoman too). Now yes, I realize this doesn't have the rocking motion that a glider and rocker offer, but it does still provide an incredibly comfy place to kick up our feet and sit and cuddle/read to our little one. Plus with the neutral color and classic design, this piece can easily transition from the nursery to any other room of the house. I am thrilled with it and it is SO comfy that it is already Mark and I's favorite spot in the house.



No comments:

Post a Comment